The Well at Oxon Run, a Community Oasis in Ward 8
In partnership with The Green Scheme, The Friends of Oxon Run, and DC's Department of Parks and Recreation, we’re transforming an underutilized parcel of Oxon Run Park in Ward 8 into a community oasis, home to 50,000 feet of growing space. The space will integrate intergenerational food education into its design, growing community wellness alongside its crops.
During our first growing season, we aim to:
- Grow 150 different types of flowers and herbs;
- Grow 3000 pounds of produce that can be utilized by schools, community members, and restaurants;
- Host 10 corporate volunteer groups;
- Grow 1500 seedlings to be distributed to schools across DC;
- Engage over 800 community members;
- Host 5 community events; and
- Provide produce to 100 families on a weekly basis
Your support will help this vision come to life!